cmv donors

Do you have a great story about your journey to start a family? Please share your experience to encourage, support, and advise others through this forum.
Forum rules
All users of the CLI Family Forums must abide by the rules posted under "Terms of Use".
CLI Moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any inappropriate or confidential posts.

cmv donors

Postby ajktlv » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:34 am

I need to choose the sperm today (last chance for various reasons) but am so confused as to whether or not have a CMV positive donor.

I'm negative for CMV Igm and also IgM so not sure if that means I have a higher risk of infection if the donor is cmv positive! unfortunately i don't have a doctor right now for various reasons to advise me so would be v grateful for any advice.

I'm also a v anxious person and worry if I don't sleep well during the pregnancy and am anxious how that can affect the baby. I'm 44.5yrs and single so doing this on my own as i never met my prince! :(
ajktlv

Re: cmv donors

Postby Ty&Nic » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Since you are CMV negative you need to get a donor that is also CMV negative. If you get a donor that is positive could make for a long sick prego for you.
Ty&Nic

Return to Share Your Experience